A Message from the Director of Development and Head of School
Dear Pressman Parent:
Last June, our Parent Association hosted a school event at the Santa Monica Pier. At the end of the night, walking away from the Pier, there was a harmonious noise coming from the beach. Looking down from the Pier, we could see our eighth graders - the students who had graduated just the night before - gathered in a group on the beach, singing Hebrew songs. They had left the roller coaster and cotton candy, the rides and the ice cream, to gather as a class. No adults had instructed them, and no one was guiding their activity choice. The one thing this group of 33 teenagers wanted to do was sing Hebrew songs, on the beach, as a class.
In just a few years, this will be your child. While your son or daughter is going to learn to read and write in two languages and across genres, to analyze text, to ask thoughtful questions and to create new innovations while at Pressman, he or she is also going to love Judaism, treasure his/her friends, and make choices based on a strong ethical system. He or she will be a mensch.
To continue creating human beings as described above, we need partners. Tuition alone does not cover all the wonderful opportunities we provide our students but thanks to the generosity of parents like you we are able to ensure our children receive a well-rounded education that will position them for success. Gifts supporting our annual campaign allow us to:
- Offer competitive salaries that attract the most qualified educators for your children
- Invest in Professional Development which allows us to ensure that we offer the most cutting edge curriculum
- Offer non-traditional educational opportunities from age 2 – 8thgrade including:Provide three years of Conscious Discipline training, which fosters the social/emotional skill development our children will need to survive and thrive in our changing world
- Yoga and mindfulness education for children in the ECC
- a middle school electives program that allows students to discover new passions while growing existing talents
- Field Trips around Los Angeles, to Washington DC, and to Israel
- STEAM Education
- a new Makerspace, which promotes “out of the box” learning and growth
- Support our community with $1,100,000 in scholarships each year.
Every family will be contacted by a fellow member of the Pressman community to ask for your participation. Our goal is to reach 100% participation from our parents and teachers. While we appreciate an unrestricted gift to the Temple Beth Am Community, you do have the ability to designate your gift directly to Pressman Academy.
We appreciate your thoughtful consideration!
Erica Rothblum Seth Rosenzweig
Head of School Director of Development
Contributions made to Pressman Academy are 100% tax deductible. Temple Beth Am and its Pressman Academy are recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization. For questions, please contact Seth Rosenzweig,Director of Development , at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To donate online click here